Sign up for The SacPaws Newsletter     
Submission was successful. Go here to sign up for more newsletters.
There seems to have been an error with your submission. Try again
We're sorry but you are already subscribed.


Family dog rescued from Arden Arcade house fire

Published: Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 - 12:00 am | Page 2B

Firefighters rescued a dog from an Arden Arcade home Sunday evening when a grease fire caused heavy damage to the two-story residence.

When Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District personnel responded to the blaze in the 1800 block of Venus Drive about 5:15 p.m. Sunday smoke was billowing from the eaves of the home.

Firefighters immediately began to extinguish the fire and also search the house. The occupants of the home had already exited the home before firetrucks arrived, but firefighters were called upon to rescue the family dog.

The dog was found unharmed, according to a Metro Fire press release.

The fire gutted the first-floor kitchen and swept into the attic through a stove hood vent, causing an estimated $60,000 in damage. The fire began in a pan with grease that was unattended, according to fire officials.

– Bill Lindelof

© Copyright The Sacramento Bee. All rights reserved.



Sacramento Bee Job listing powered by Careerbuilder.com
Quick Job Search
Sacramento Bee Jobs »
Buy
Used Cars
Dealer and private-party ads
Make:

Model:

Price Range:
to
Search within:
miles of ZIP

Advanced Search | 1982 & Older

TODAY'S CIRCULARS