The daughter of one of the two people who died late last week after eating wild mushrooms at a Loomis senior care facility called it a "tragic incident" on Monday and said she was not planning litigation against the caregiver responsible.
"It was really just a tragic incident," Beata Olesniewicz said of her mother Teresa Olesniewicz, 73. Barbara Lopes, 86, also died as a result of the poisoning.
Four other people including the female caregiver were hospitalized after consuming soup with wild mushrooms harvested by the caregiver.
The California Department of Social Services, which is investigating the case, was not available for comment Monday.
Olesniewicz said her mother, who was a medical doctor in Poland before she left in the 1970s, was happy at Gold Age Villa after moving in about a month ago. Olesniewicz said she had had no previous concerns about her mother's care there.