It's sneezing season for those with pollen allergies. Here are some tips on how to lessen the agony.
1. Keep the windows closed at night in your home and car. Use the air conditioning, which can help to clean the air of pollens.
2. Avoid being outside between 5 and 10 a.m. when pollen emissions are high.
3. Try not to spend too much time outside on windy days, as pollens may be blown about.
4. Avoid mowing and raking, and wear a face mask while doing outdoor chores.
5. Don't line-dry clothing and sheets, as pollens can collect on them.
6. After being outside, come inside and take a shower, wash your hair and change your clothes.
7. Take allergy medications as directed, and consult with your doctor if you're still miserable.