What You Should Know About Comments on Sacbee.com
Sacbee.com is happy to provide a forum for reader interaction, discussion, feedback and reaction to our stories. However, we reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments or ban users who can't play nice. (See our full terms of service here.)
Here are some rules of the road:
Keep your comments civil. Don't insult one another or the subjects of our articles. If you think a comment violates our guidelines click the "Report Abuse" link to notify the moderators. Responding to the comment will only encourage bad behavior.
Don't use profanities, vulgarities or hate speech. This is a general interest news site. Sometimes, there are children present. Don't say anything in a way you wouldn't want your own child to hear.
Do not attack other users; focus your comments on issues, not individuals.
Stay on topic. Only post comments relevant to the article at hand.
Do not copy and paste outside material into the comment box.
Don't repeat the same comment over and over. We heard you the first time.
Do not use the commenting system for advertising. That's spam and it isn't allowed.
Don't use all capital letters. That's akin to yelling and not appreciated by the audience.
Don't flag other users' comments just because you don't agree with their point of view. Please only flag comments that violate these guidelines.
You should also know that The Sacramento Bee does not screen comments before they are posted. You are more likely to see inappropriate comments before our staff does, so we ask that you click the "Report Abuse" link to submit those comments for moderator review. You also may notify us via email at email@example.com. Note the headline on which the comment is made and tell us the profile name of the user who made the comment. Remember, comment moderation is subjective. You may find some material objectionable that we won't and vice versa.
If you submit a comment, the user name of your account will appear along with it. Users cannot remove their own comments once they have submitted them.
Quick Job Search
- Kings' new ownership group kicks off team's new era
- Ailene Voisin: Ranadive should overhaul Kings' staff
- Sheriff's officials testify Aquitania went to buy gun before double-fatal shooting
- Fowler family's troubles detailed in court documents
- Man arrested in kidnapping of girl from Sacramento street is registered sex offender
- Audit says moonlighting state managers shouldn't have had second jobs
- California analyst's revenue projection higher than Jerry Brown's
- Hometown Report: Raiders great Cliff Branch still going strong at 64
- Deal to sell Kings to Sacramento group sealed in Dallas as NBA debated relocation
- Mayor announces rally, headlined by Cake, to celebrate sale of Kings to Sacramento investors
- Data Center
Sponsored ByROSEVILLE TOYOTA
- Capitol & California
- Capitol Alert
- State Workers
- Election 2012
- State News
- Jerry Brown
- Prop 8
Sponsored ByCalifornia Credit Union League
- Our Region
- Sacto 911
- Arrest Logs
- City Beat
- Real Estate
- Our Towns
Sponsored ByRoseville Toyota
- High Schools
- River Cats
- Fishing Line
Sponsored ByJOHN L. SULLIVAN CHEVROLET
- Living Here
- Moms & Family
- Food & Wine
- Home & Garden
- Health & Fitness
- Books & Media
- Comics & Games
Sponsored BySutter Health
- Things to Do
- Comics & Games
- TV Listings
- Books & Media
- Theater & Art
- Bee Buzz Points
- Ohman Cartoons
- Letters to the Editor
- Dan Morain
- The Swarm
- California Forum
- Editorial Board
- Healthcare/Social Service Careers
- Career Fairs and Events
- Post a Resume
- Who's Hiring
- Employer Resources
- Search Classifieds
- Classified Rentals
- Classified Home Sales
- Commercial Real Estate
- Community News