Re "School kitchen oil may have had insecticide" (Page A1, July 18): It's with great sympathy that I read about the children poisoned in India, including at least 22 dead. It is easy to understand why so many immigrate here at such a high cost.
We may have our problems with our medical system, but if my child was poisoned by an American school lunch I'd be in a better position simply because of where I and my child were born. I'd know that the person treating my child is a doctor, that the medicine given to him is an antidote, and that if a hospital was overcrowded a place would be found to help him. Children die here, but usually not like this.
-- Roshni Mehta, Folsom