Monday's news that the 2013 edition of the California State Fair had an increase in daily attendance of about 6.5 percent did not tell the whole story.
Here's more state fair by the numbers courtesy of the Cal Expo media staff:
• 4,500 people purchased spaghetti ice cream
• 11,000 pounds of watermelon were consumed
• 4,000 big beef ribs were feasted upon
• 9,000 giant turkey legs eaten
• 422 thoroughbreds, 32 mules, 24 quarter horses and 24 Arabians ran in 72 races
• 2,924 pounds of fruit and vegetables from fair farm donated to charity
• 60,000 toilet paper rolls utilized
Call The Bee's Bill Lindelof, (916) 321-1079. Follow him on Twitter @Lindelofnews.