UC Davis is listed ninth in the ranking of top public universities by U.S. News and World Report.
The annual rankings by the magazine places the University of California, Davis tied in the ninth spot with the University of California, San Diego. Ranked number one among the nation’s top 10 public universities is the University of California, Berkeley.
“We provide a world-class education, and our faculty are among the leaders in their fields,” Linda P. B. Katehi, chancellor of UC Davis, said in a press release.
The magazine also ranked the university 39th overall among public and private universities. The university’s College of Engineering ranked 32 among engineering programs across the country.
The magazine noted that the nation’s public universities range from small liberal arts colleges to big research institutions, such UC Davis. The rankings of top public universities:
1. University of California, Berkeley
2. University of California, Los Angeles
3. University of Virginia
4. University of of Michigan -- Ann Arbor
5. University of North Carolina -- Chapel Hill
6. College of William and Mary
7. Georgia Institute of Technology
8. Pennsylvania State University -- University Park
9. University of California, Davis
9. University of California, San Diego
11. University of California, Santa Barbara
Call The Bee's Bill Lindelof, (916) 321-1079.