Re "Davis: Sack plastic bags in 2014" (Sacbee.com. Sept, 12): Sacramento needs to adopt a ban on the ubiquitous plastic shopping bag without delay.
California has had a statewide plastic bag recycling program in place since 2006, with bins in every supermarket. Yet the last reported recycling rate was a 3 percent. The remaining 97 percent ends up in our environment and landfills. A bag ordinance would make environmental and economic sense.
-- Sue Vang, Sacramento