RAIDERS GAME AT A GLANCE
• Opponent: at New York Jets
• Time: 10 a.m.
• Line: Jets by 3
• Records: Raiders 4-8; Jets 5-7
• TV/radio: Ch. 10 (Marv Albert play-by-play, Rich Gannon color), 950, 1140
MATCHUP TO WATCH
Raiders center Stefan Wisniewski vs. Jets nose tackle Damon Harrison
If the Raiders are to have success running the ball against the NFLs best defense against the run, it all starts with Wisniewski, who goes against one of the leagues best young nose tackles in Harrison, who has been outstanding this season. Wisniewski has battled injuries, and its clear Oakland is better with him snapping the ball. This is a matchup of two stars in the making.
THREE KEYS TO GAME
• The Raiders have the leagues fifth-best rushing average, but Darren McFadden (ankle) is out and top rusher Rashad Jennings is questionable because of a concussion. If Jennings cant play, the Raiders may need to rely on fullback Marcel Reece and Taiwan Jones to run the ball. Jones, converted this season from running back to cornerback, has returned to the offensive side this week in practice.
• The Jets own the worst passing attack in the NFL (179.1 yards per game) and allow the most sacks per pass play. That may allow Raiders defensive coordinator Jason Tarver to get creative trying to pressure quarterback Geno Smith, who leads the league in interceptions and was benched at halftime last week, and force him into bad decisions.
• Their Thanksgiving Day loss to Dallas followed an all-too-familiar pattern for the Raiders start fast, fade late. Oakland has been outscored in the second half this season 157-80. Should the Raiders go into halftime with a lead, they must figure out how to carry that momentum out of the break.
• Out: S Tyvon Branch (ankle), G Mike Brisiel (ankle, knee), LB Kaluka Maiava (ribs, calf), RB Darren McFadden (ankle), WR Denarius Moore (shoulder), RB Jeremy Stewart (ankle, knee), S Usama Young (neck)
• Questionable: LB Miles Burris (toe), RB Rashad Jennings (concussion)
• Probable: DE Jason Hunter (foot), T Menelik Watson (illness)
• Questionable: WR Stephen Hill (knee)
• Probable: G Willie Colon (calf), CB Antonio Cromartie (hip), DT Kenrick Ellis (back), WR Santonio Holmes (foot, hamstring), RB Chris Ivory (ankle), WR Jeremy Kerley (elbow), C Nick Mangold (wrist), LB Garrett McIntyre (knee), CB Dee Milliner (wrist), WR Greg Salas (finger), QB Geno Smith (right wrist), DE Muhammad Wilkerson (wrist), TE Kellen Winslow (knee)
Bee Sports staff
|Sept. 8||at Indianapolis||L, 21-17|
|Sept. 15||Jacksonville||W, 19-9|
|Sept. 23||at Denver||L, 37-21|
|Sept. 29||Washington||L, 24-14|
|Oct. 6||San Diego||W, 27-17|
|Oct. 13||at Kansas City||L, 24-7|
|Oct. 27||Pittsburgh||W, 21-18|
|Nov. 3||Philadelphia||L, 49-20|
|Nov. 10||at N.Y. Giants||L, 24-20|
|Nov. 17||at Houston||W, 28-23|
|Nov. 24||Tennessee||L, 23-19|
|Nov. 28||at Dallas||L, 31-24|
|Today||at N.Y. Jets||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 15||Kansas City||1:05 p.m.|
|Dec. 22||at San Diego||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 29||Denver||1:25 p.m.|