Five lessons from last week:
• A player doesnt need to be healthy all season to attract more than a half-million NBA All-Star votes; the player just has to be Kobe Bryant.
• According to Major League Baseball, unarmored middle infielders dont qualify as assets.
• After zooming along prep footballs autobahn all season, Folsom again veers off onto De La Salles gravel road.
• Clearly, Adrian Peterson was holding the Vikings back.
• The Giants have four more losses than wins and have lost three times in their past four games, which means their fans should have long forgotten about home-field advantage in the Super Bowl.