Sacto911 blog logo

Sacramento garage fire extinguished without injuries

Published: Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2013 - 9:23 pm

An overheated extension cord set a garage ablaze Wednesday night in Arden Arcade.

More than two dozen firefighters arrived in the 3400 block of Edison Avenue and were able to contain the fire before it spread to the rest of the single-story home or caused any injuries, the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire district reported.

According to the fire department, the blaze scorched about $125,000 worth of property before fire crews subdued it.


Call Jeremy B. White, Bee Capitol Bureau, (916) 326-5543.

Read more articles by Jeremy B. White



Connect with Sacto911

Sacto911 Archives

Note: The Sacto911 blog switched blog platforms in November 2013. All posts after the switch are found here. Older posts are available using the list below.


The Bee on Twitter

Sacramento Bee Job listing powered by Careerbuilder.com
Quick Job Search
Sacramento Bee Jobs »
Buy
Used Cars
Dealer and private-party ads
Make:

Model:

Price Range:
to
Search within:
miles of ZIP

Advanced Search | 1982 & Older

TODAY'S CIRCULARS