• Opponent: vs. Denver
• Time: 1:25 p.m.
• Line: Broncos by 12
• Records: Raiders 4-11, Broncos 12-3
• TV/radio: Ch. 13 (Kevin Harlan, play-by-play; Solomon Wilcotts, color), 950, 1140
MATCHUP TO WATCH
Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning against the Raiders’ defense
Manning has passed for an NFL single-season record 51 touchdowns this season and needs just 265 yards today to break the single-season record of 5,476 yards. For the Raiders to have a chance, they need to get to Manning and put him on his back an few times. The Raiders have been burned by lesser quarterbacks this year; they are near the bottom of the league in passing defense (250.5 yards, 29 touchdowns).
THREE KEYS TO GAME
• Can Terrelle Pryor, who is starting at quarterback for the Raiders, keep the Broncos’ defense on its toes? The Broncos aren’t a great defensive team either, but they’ve intercepted 17 passes this season and can make quarterbacks pay for mistakes. And Pryor has been intercepted 11 times in the 10 games he’s played.
• The Raiders can’t focus all their attention on Manning. If they forget about the Broncos’ running game, they could get hurt by Knowshon Moreno (1,015 yards, 10 touchdowns) and Montee Ball (487 yards, four TDs). Moreno’s also caught 55 passes for 507 yards.
• If the Broncos contain Pryor, the Raiders will need running back Rashad Jennings to have a big game. He had 91 yards two weeks ago against the Chiefs, but he got the ball just 10 times in last week’s 26-13 loss to the Chargers.
• Questionable: CB Mike Jenkins (hamstring)
• Probable: G Mike Brisiel (knee); WR Denarius Moore (shoulder), RB Jeremy Steward (ankle), T Menelik Watson (calf)
• Out: C Steve Vallos (concussion), DE Derek Wolfe (illness)
• Doubtful: WR Wes Welker (concussion)
• Questionable: CB Kayvon Webster (thumb)
• Probable: WR Eric Decker (thumb), TE Joel Dreessen (knee), TE Virgil Green (knee), WR Trindon Holliday (shoulder), T Winston Justice (finger), G Chris Kuper (ankle), QB Peyton Manning (ankle), TE Jacob Tamme (neck), WR Demaryius Thomas (neck)
– Tom Couzens
|Sept. 8||at Indianapolis||L, 21-17|
|Sept. 15||Jacksonville||W, 19-9|
|Sept. 23||at Denver||L, 37-21|
|Sept. 29||Washington||L, 24-14|
|Oct. 6||San Diego||W, 27-17|
|Oct. 13||at Kansas City||L, 24-7|
|Oct. 27||Pittsburgh||W, 21-18|
|Nov. 3||Philadelphia||L, 49-20|
|Nov. 10||at N.Y. Giants||L, 24-20|
|Nov. 17||at Houston||W, 28-23|
|Nov. 24||Tennessee||L, 23-19|
|Nov. 28||at Dallas||L, 31-24|
|Dec. 8||at N.Y. Jets||L, 37-27|
|Dec. 15||Kansas City||L, 56-31|
|Dec. 22||at San Diego||L, 26-13|