10 pressing questions in the world of sports
• After beating the Rockets in Houston so convincingly, how can the Kings come home and look so bad against the lowly 76ers?
• On paper, the Kings appear to be improved, so why are they on pace to win just 26 games, two fewer than last season?
• After Kings center DeMarcus Cousins was whistled for his league-leading 10th technical foul Thursday, don’t you want to know what goes through his head at those times?
• The 49ers won 12 games yet must travel to Green Bay to play the 8-7-1 Packers, so isn’t it time the NFL changes its rules to end such nonsense?
• San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick has beaten the Packers both times he’s started against them, but will Sunday’s expected sub-zero temperature cool off his game?
• If Sunday’s game becomes a battle in the trenches, does 49ers running back Frank Gore, 30, have enough left in his legs to outplay Packers rookie Eddie Lacy, 23?
• If the Chiefs lose to the Colts on Saturday in the AFC wild-card game, how long will it be before quarterback Alex Smith is fighting for his starting job again?
• We know home field is important in the playoffs, especially with snow in Philadelphia, but can anyone explain why the Eagles are favored over the Saints?
• No one gave Oklahoma, a 17-point underdog, much of a chance against Alabama in Thursday’s Sugar Bowl, but isn’t that why they play the games?
• The Texas coaching job is supposed to be one of the best in the country, so why did so many big names remove themselves from consideration?
What to watch
NFL playoff doubleheader, 1:35 p.m. and 5:10 p.m., Ch. 3: It’s the Chiefs at the Colts in the AFC followed by the Saints at the Eagles in the NFC.
How many games will the Kings win this season?
• Fewer than 20
• More than 50
Vote above, or go to sacbee.com/sports
Friday’s poll results
Which area plays better high school basketball?
• Sacramento: 29%
• Bay Area: 39%
• It’s about even: 32%
Total votes: 92