A fire that started in a kitchen destroyed one-half of a duplex Sunday night in Arden Arcade.
Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District crews were dispatched about 10 p.m. Sunday to the duplex in the 3600 block of El Camino Avenue where fire swept through one of the dwellings.
The fire was reported to have been caused by “cooking,” according to a fire district press release. Metro Fire reports that in 2011 about 156,000 residential structure fires in the United States involved cooking. District officials remind residents to be vigilant when preparing meals.
Call The Bee’s Bill Lindelof, (916) 321-1079.