• Soroptimist International of Loomis Basin. The Designer Purse Extravaganza will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 30 at the Blue Goose Event Center, 3550 Taylor Road in Loomis. Among designer purses awaiting bids will be those from Coach, Mishi, Brighton, Guess and Tagnanello. Tickets are $20 and include appetizers, water, games and prizes. Purses will be accepted for the auction; call Sabrina Higby or Chris Hebard at (916) 652-0404. That’s the same number to call for tickets.
The fundraiser will support teacher grants, LIFE Senior Center, Women’s Opportunity awards, former foster youths, and other community and international projects focusing on improving the lives of girls and women.
• American Association of University Women, Roseville South Placer Branch. “Antique Answers: An Antique and Collectibles Evaluation” will be March 1 in the Orchard Creek Ballroom in Sun City Lincoln Hills. Appointments must be made to ensure that an item is evaluated by the right specialist.
Among appraisers donating their time will be Gary Cox, Charles Gray and Lynne Holmberg-Gray, Sylvia Fitzgerald, Brad Lommazzi, Mandy Sabbadini and Gary Schiff. Items that could be appraised include paintings, artwork, jewelry, model railroads, rugs, silver, glass, advertising items, ceramics, photography, china, dolls, decorative arts and collectibles. Items must be small enough to be hand-carried.
Cost is $10 an item. Proceeds will provide scholarships for Placer County students. The branch has provided funds for 66 middle school girls to the Tech Trek science campus and has awarded college scholarships since 1991. For an appointment, email AntiqueAnswers2014@gmail.com or call (916) 408-2797.
• Kiwanis Club of East Sacramento-Midtown. The eighth annual crab (with tri-tip) feed will be Feb. 1 at All Hallows Hall, 5605 14th Ave., a new locale for the event. Party hours are 5 to 6 p.m. cocktails, 6 p.m. dinner with dessert auction, 7 to 8 p.m. raffle and silent auction, 8 to 9 p.m. dancing and mingling. Tickets are $45 per person ($20 for those 10 and under), $340 for a table of eight. Deadline to purchase tickets: Jan. 28. Call Gary Christensen at (916) 215-1460 or Charles Bussey at (916) 837-0162.
• Soroptimist International of Citrus Heights/Kiwanis Club of Citrus Heights. The 28th annual crab feed will be Jan. 25 at the Citrus Heights Community Center, 6300 Fountain Square Drive, Citrus Heights. In addition to crab, the event will feature door prizes, silent and live auctions, wine, soft drinks and beer (no outside alcohol, please). Proceeds will benefit local service projects focusing on women and girls as well as the Kiwanis Family House. Advance tickets are $45. Contact Rosanne Anderson at rosanne@ditto printing.com or (916) 799-8702.
• South Sacramento Rotary. For the 32nd year, the Rotary will sponsor a crab feed with Feb. 7 the date, Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 6151 H St., the locale. Starting time is 6 p.m. for all-you-can-eat crab. Tickets are $45; call Michael DiGrazia at (916) 441-6362. Proceeds will support charities supported by South Sacramento Rotary and Rotary International.
• California Waterfowl. Chapters of the conservation organization have events slated. The Willows Chapter dinner will be Jan. 25 at St. Monica’s Parish Hall, 1129 West Wood St., Willows, with cocktails at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are $75 per person, $100 couple, $50 sprig. Contact Bruce Billings at (530) 330-0209.
The Yuba/Sutter banquet will be Feb. 22 at the Veteran’s Memorial Building, 1425 Veteran’s Memorial Circle, Yuba Ciity. Dinner will be at 6:30 p.m., following cocktails beginning at 5 p.m. The banquet is $65 per person, $100 couple, $40 life member, $30 sprig. Call Rik Jimerson at (530) 674-9300.
The El Dorado County banquet will be Feb. 28 at the American Legion Post 119 , 4561 Greenstone Road, Placerville. Hosted bar begins at 6 p.m. with dinner at 7:30 p.m. The banquet is $65 per person, $105 couple, $40 life member, $80 life couple. Contact Jim Morton at (530) 622-1678.
North Delta Conservancy’s dinner will be March 29 at Our Lady of Fatima Parish Hall, 26590 N. Sacramento Blvd., Thornton. The event is $60 per person, $100 couple, $35 youth. Contact Robert Jones at (925) 525-6311 or Tim Davanis at (916) 335-9604.
California Waterfowl is a nonprofit, hunter-supported conservation organization with a mission to conserve the state’s waterfowl, wetlands and hunting heritage.
• Davis High School Baroque Ensemble. Music, appetizers and wine tasting are on the program for a fundraiser from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Monticello Seasonal Cuisine, 630 G St., Davis. Under the direction of Grammy-nominated director Angelo Moreno, the ensemble will perform. Special guest Susan Leonardi, author of the Wineaux wine column, who will pour wine, assisted by UC Davis enology students. Among auction items will be a private wine cellar local and imported wines.
The Davis Baroque Ensemble is preparing for a trip as student ambassadors to Italy to participate in the 2014 American Celebration of Music in Italy concert series. The students will participate in educational youth events, including an exchange concert with students from a local Italian conservatory and a special concert for the Instituto Provinsiale in L’Infanzia Santa Maria della Pieta, a former orphanage founded in 1346 where Vivaldi taught music to children and is now a home for abandoned children and unwed mothers and their children.
• HomeAid. The board of directors will host a 25th anniversary reception from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 30 at Seasons 52 in Arden Mall. To be honored will be professionals from the home building industry and the community who have served on HomeAid’s board of directors beginning in 1996. Visit HomeAid or call (916) 751-2746.
• Breathe California. Sacramento Emigrant Trails will sponsor movie night at 6 p.m. Monday at Esquire IMAX in Downtown Sacramento. On screen: “Hubble 3D,” an outer space adventure for viewers of all ages. The special screening is $15 per person; the ticket includes movie theater popcorn and a drink. Visit www.SacBreathe.org or call (916) 444-5900.
Gloria Glyer focuses on events raising funds for charity. Email announcements four weeks in advance to email@example.com or mail to Gloria Glyer, The Bee, P.O. Box 15779, Sacramento CA 95852 or call (530) 477-5331.