AT ROCKETS (28-15)
• Time: 5 p.m.
• Where: Toyota Center, Houston
• TV/Radio: CSNCA, 1140, 950
1. Aggressive guards: The Rockets have struggled defensively this season and a big reason is their guards. This is not the game to settle for jump shots. The Kings’ guards have to attack.
2. Rough up Dwight: Kings center DeMarcus Cousins had success in his last game against Rockets center Dwight Howard by being physical defensively. If Cousins does that again while forcing Howard to work defensively, the Kings could get Howard in foul trouble.
3. More scorers: In the second of back-to-back games and the final game of a six-game trip, the Kings will need more than Cousins, Rudy Gay and Isaiah Thomas to provide the bulk of the offense. The Rockets’ defense could provide Marcus Thornton opportunities.
– Jason Jones