Sacto911 blog logo

Ask Sacto 911 crime Q&A: How do you pursue squatter, code compliance issues?

Published: Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014 - 9:18 pm

It seems that squatters have pulled a trailer into a home that is no longer being occupied. No one enters or exits the house itself for the past couple of weeks. They have removed the mailbox in front of the house. It seems they don’t sleep, because weird noises come from there all night. They are a menace to this quiet old neighborhood. I would like to find out if they should be there, or how to get them out of here.

– Mr. Concerned, Sacramento

You can obtain information regarding ownership of the property by calling the Sacramento County Assessor’s Office at (916) 875-0700, or by visiting the office at 3701 Power Inn Road, Suite 3000, Sacramento.

For questions regarding code compliance – including noise issues, the condition of the property and whether people may live in a trailer on the lot – call the city of Sacramento’s 311 line. From within the city, call 311, or from outside the city, call (916) 264-5011.

Call The Bee’s Cathy Locke, (916) 321-5287.

Read more articles by Cathy Locke

Connect with Sacto911

Sacto911 Archives

Note: The Sacto911 blog switched blog platforms in November 2013. All posts after the switch are found here. Older posts are available using the list below.

Sacramento Bee Job listing powered by
Quick Job Search
Sacramento Bee Jobs »
Used Cars
Dealer and private-party ads


Price Range:
Search within:
miles of ZIP

Advanced Search | 1982 & Older