• The Lakers prove five players – give or take – are enough to beat the Cavaliers.
• In so many words, the NBA tells Kings center DeMarcus Cousins numbers aren’t everything.
• Texas Tech “super fan” Jeff Orr gets his 15 seconds of fame – and Oklahoma State’s Marcus Smart gets a three-game suspension.
• A new spring football league hopes to cash in on a perceived audience for 6-foot-8, 312-pound passers.
• Missouri’s Michael Sam boldly decides to test how open-minded NFL teams may be.
– Jeff Caraska