Sacto911 blog logo

Sacramento police: Midtown house fire caused by hashish oil production

Published: Friday, Feb. 14, 2014 - 12:27 pm
Last Modified: Friday, Feb. 14, 2014 - 12:33 pm

Sacramento police and firefighters responded Thursday evening to a fire at a midtown home caused by the production of hashish oil, according to authorities.

A resident of the home near 24th and T streets was making the oil – concentrated cannabis – using butane, said police Officer Doug Morse. There were “high levels” of butane in the house, causing the fire, he said.

Marijuana also was found in the home, Morse said.

The resident suffered burns and was taken to a local hospital. However, his injuries were not serious, Morse said.

He has not been arrested, but Morse said it is possible he could face charges in the future.


Call The Bee’s Kim Minugh, (916) 321-1038. Follow her on Twitter @Kim_Minugh.

Read more articles by Kim Minugh



Connect with Sacto911

Sacto911 Archives

Note: The Sacto911 blog switched blog platforms in November 2013. All posts after the switch are found here. Older posts are available using the list below.


Sacramento Bee Job listing powered by Careerbuilder.com
Quick Job Search
Sacramento Bee Jobs »
Buy
Used Cars
Dealer and private-party ads
Make:

Model:

Price Range:
to
Search within:
miles of ZIP

Advanced Search | 1982 & Older