A sampling of incidents involving DeMarcus Cousins
• Suspended one game and fined $20,000 for two incidents against the Rockets. The suspension was for punching Rockets guard Patrick Beverley in the stomach. Cousins was fined for verbally abusing an official and failing to leave the court in a timely manner after being ejected.
• Front office and coaches speak to Cousins about his exchanges with fans that are profane and vulgar, including at home.
• Leads NBA with 15 technical fouls. A 16th would lead to a one-game suspension, as would every two after that.
• Suspended one game for punching O.J. Mayo in the groin in a game against the Mavericks.
• Suspended indefinitely by the Kings for conduct detrimental to the team and unprofessional behavior after a verbal altercation with coach Keith Smart at halftime in a loss to the Clippers.
• Suspended two games for leaving the Kings locker room to confront Spurs TV analyst Sean Elliot for being critical of him during the broadcast of a game in Sacramento.
• Led the NBA with 16 technical fouls and was ejected four times. One technical was rescinded, avoiding one-game suspension.
• Sent home and benched following a dispute with then-coach Paul Westphal over whether Cousins asked to be traded.
• Second in the NBA with 12 technical fouls. One technical was rescinded, avoiding a one-game suspension.
• Fined for a verbal altercation with strength and conditioning coach Daniel Shapiro.
• Fined and benched for making a choking gesture in a game against the Warriors.
• Fined and benched for a game after a locker-room altercation with teammate Donte Greene.
• Fifth in the NBA with 14 technical fouls. Tied for the NBA lead with three ejections.