Erin Ashby hit a walk-off RBI triple in the seventh inning to give the No. 17 Stanford softball team (22-6) a 3-2 victory over UC Davis (9-17) in the Stanford Louisville Slugger Classic, Stanford reported.
Kelly Zboralske hit a solo homer in the sixth inning for the Aggies.
Spartans top Aggies in baseball
• Host San Jose State (5-12) scored four runs in the seventh inning to defeat the UC Davis baseball team 4-3 in the final game of the Jack Gifford Memorial Tournament, UCD reported. Kevin Barker went 3 for 4 for the Aggies (7-8), who collected 14 hits to the Spartans’ three.
• Zach Varela threw a complete game, allowing one unearned run, and host UC Riverside (8-7) stole six bases in a 6-1 win over Sacramento State (7-9), Sac State reported.
• The UC Davis men’s golf team was tied for seventh place at 4-over-par 292 after the first round of the three-day Bandon (Ore.) Dunes Championship, UCD reported on its athletics website. Missouri led the tournament at 281. Matt Hansen paced the Aggies with a 1-under 70, tied for eighth place.
• The host Sac State men’s tennis team (4-9, 2-2 Big Sky Conference) snapped a six-match losing streak with 7-0 victories over Portland State (1-10, 0-4) and Southern Utah (0-1, 0-1), Sac State reported.
• The host UC Davis men’s tennis team defeated Montana 6-1 and Sonoma State 7-0 to improve to 7-6, according to UCD.
– Bee Sports staff