• Point guard Isaiah Thomas is having his most impressive season, averaging more than 20 points and six assists, but does anyone think the Kings will reward him with a lucrative multiyear contract?
• After Thomas put up such good numbers in his third season, can anyone blame him for wanting a contract befitting a starting NBA point guard?
• Speaking of point guards, will the Kings consider bringing back free agent Greivis Vasquez, whom they traded to land Rudy Gay?
• Kings center DeMarcus Cousins has All-Star talent, but has it become too difficult to separate his skills from his behavior?
• When the Lakers announced that Kobe Bryant would miss the rest of the season, did you wonder why the 35-year-old future Hall of Famer would want to come back next year?
• The Raiders made a splash by signing free-agent defensive end Justin Tuck, but are his best days behind him as he turns 31 this month?
• Starting 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick needs a reliable backup, but is Blaine Gabbert really that guy?
• Safety Antoine Bethea is a veteran, but will he make 49ers fans forget Donte Whitners big hits?
• If Republic FC fills Hughes Stadium with 20,000 fans for the home opener on April 26, as team owner Warren Smith has vowed, how many will attend using free or deeply discounted tickets?
• Speaking of fans, are organizers of this summers USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships being overly optimistic with expectations of selling at least 22,500 tickets to the four-day meet at Hornet Stadium?
What to watch
NBA, Kings at Chicago, 5 p.m., Ch. 10, WGN: Jimmer Fredette fans will get about 4.3 minutes (his average with the Bulls) to see the former King play.
Who is the Kings MVP this season ?
• DeMarcus Cousins
• Rudy Gay
• Isaiah Thomas
Vote above, or go to sacbee.com/sports
Will Phil Jackson turn around the Knicks?
• Yes: 35%
• No: 65%
Total votes: 162
Breaking news alerts
Sign up for e-mail alerts for breaking sports stories.