• When the Eagles cut wide receiver DeSean Jackson on Friday, was your first thought that he would be a good fit with the Raiders?
• Jackson, who starred at Cal, had 82 catches for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns last season, so why did the Eagles really cut him?
• The 49ers cited salary when they said earlier this week that they wouldn’t pursue Jackson, but was there more to it than that?
• After Jackson was cut, ESPN analyst and former Eagles quarterback Ron Jaworski called him a “toxic commodity,” but does anyone doubt he will have multiple offers?
• The Raiders signed free-agent running back Maurice Jones-Drew on Friday, so what’s going to happen to incumbent Darren McFadden?
• Pleasant Grove graduate Xavier Thames averaged 26 points in San Diego State’s three NCAA Tournament games; did he raise his NBA stock enough to be drafted in June?
• After leading Stanford to the Sweet 16, did coach Johnny Dawkins earn more than one additional year on The Farm?
• Brothers Archie Miller (Dayton) and Sean Miller (Arizona) both won their NCAA games Thursday; wouldn’t it be cool if they both make it the championship?
• With just 10 games left in the season, can the Kings hold off the Lakers and avoid the Pacific Division cellar?
• Kings rookie Ben McLemore has been playing much better, but has it been good enough to make the team shy away from a shooting guard in the draft?
– Tom Couzens
What to do
High school basketball, Division II boys state championship, 4 p.m., Sleep Train Arena: Folsom takes on St. John Bosco of Bellflower.
Should the Raiders pursue wide receiver DeSean Jackson ?
• Yes, they need an explosive offensive threat.
• No, his demands are too high and his baggage too troublesome.
Vote above, or go to sacbee.com/sports
Who was the most influential owner in NFL history?
• Al Davis, Raiders: 41%
• Lamar Hunt, Chiefs: 15%
• Art Rooney, Steelers: 27%
• Ralph Wilson, Bills: 7%
• Other: 10%
Total votes: 161