• The Arizona Diamondbacks outlasted the Giants 6-5 in 10 innings Thursday in a game that took 4 hours and 10 minutes, but how many of you stuck it out until the final out?
• In this age of instant gratification and 140 characters, are four hour-plus games going to doom baseball?
• Kings rookie Ray McCallum has averaged 14.4 points and 7.2 assists in nine starts; does the team’s brass think he can be the starting point guard next year?
• The Kings gave up point guard Greivis Vasquez to land forward Rudy Gay, so how crazy would it be if Vasquez returns to the Kings as a free agent and Gay signs with another team?
• Center DeMarcus Cousins, guard Isaiah Thomas and Gay each average at least 20 points for the Kings, but if you could only keep one, who would it be?
• Connecticut won the men’s and women’s NCAA titles for the second time; so why is Storrs, Conn., such a college basketball hotbed?
• California Chrome ran away with the Santa Anita Derby last Saturday; wouldn’t it be cool if his owners’ first trip to the state of Kentucky brings a victory in the big Derby, too?
• Republic FC plays in 2,500-seat Anteater Stadium (UC Irvine) today and 2,000-seat StubHub Center Track Stadium on Sunday, so how impressive will it be if they really do draw 20,000 to Hughes Stadium for the home opener on April 26?
• Republic FC has 14 home matches its first USL Pro season; will that cut into the River Cats’ attendance?
• With 2012 winner Bubba Watson atop the leaderboard at The Masters, does anyone miss Tiger Woods?
– Tom Couzens
Should baseball take steps to shorten games ?
• Yes, some fans have to work in morning.
• No, games aren’t over until they’re over.
Vote above, or go to sacbee.com/sports
Who is the greatest home run hitter of all time?
• Hank Aaron: 28%
• Barry Bonds: 32%
• Mickey Mantle: 6%
• Willie Mays: 8%
• Babe Ruth: 25%
• Other: 1%
Total votes: 211
Breaking news alerts
Sign up for email alerts for breaking sports stories.