• Highlight: Alden Carrithers had three hits and three RBIs in Game 1, and Jeremy McBryde, Fernando Rodriguez, Philip Humber and Evan Scribner combined on a four-hit shutout in Game 2 as the River Cats swept a doubleheader and the four-game series from the Salt Lake Bees 8-2 and 3-0 on Sunday afternoon at Raley Field.
• Game 1: Leading 2-1, the River Cats broke open the game with four runs in the fifth inning on bases-loaded walks to Carrithers and Anthony Aliotti and a two-run double by Philip Pohl. Carrithers added a two-run single in the sixth. Nate Freiman drove in the first two runs with a double in the first and a fielder’s choice in the third.
• Game 2: The River Cats scored all three runs in the second inning on a wild pitch and RBI singles by Tyler Ladendorf and Shane Peterson. Scribner earned his first save.
• Streak continues: Carrithers extended his hitting streak to nine games in the opener, dating to Sept. 1.
• Tuesday: River Cats RHP Sean Murphy (1-1, 6.30 ERA) vs. Fresno LHP Edwin Escobar (0-0, 7.27), 7:05 p.m., Raley Field.
– Mark McDermott,
Special to The Bee