• When the NFL announced the 2014 season, did you immediately know what you would be doing on Thanksgiving night?
• With the 49ers hosting the Seahawks at Levi’s Stadium that night, aren’t 49ers fans thinking, “Who’s got it better than us?”
• If linebacker Aldon Smith gets suspended by the NFL for, say, eight games, how convenient is it that the 49ers don’t play the Seahawks until weeks 13 and 15?
• With the 49ers playing eight games against teams that had at least 10 wins last season, can they improve on their 12-4 record?
• The Raiders were 4-12 last season, so why do they have the toughest “strength of schedule” as ranked by the NFL?
• When Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda was caught using pine tar, did you also think, “What happened to Vasoline?”
• If the Giants’ Pablo Sandoval doesn’t break out of his slump soon, how long will the team wait before putting the third baseman on the trading block?
• When they leave Oakland and move across the bay, shouldn’t the Warriors replace Golden State with San Francisco?
• Republic FC has sold out its home debut today at Hughes Stadium – an amazing 20,231! – but how many will show up next week and the following weeks?
• When Michael Phelps announced yet another comeback, did you yawn, too?
– Tom Couzens
What to do
Soccer, Harrisburg City Islanders at Republic FC, Hughes Stadium,
7:30 p.m.: It’s the USL Pro expansion team’s first match in Sacramento.
How many games will
the 49ers win in 2014?
• 13 or more
• 6 or fewer
To vote, go to
What are your fondest memories of Hughes Stadium?
• Boxing: 3%
• Concerts: 8%
• Football games: 50%
• Solons baseball: 15%
• Track and field: 16%
• Other: 8%
Total votes: 150
Breaking news alerts
Sign up for email alerts for breaking sports stories.