• Several months ago, most NFL mock drafts had three quarterbacks among the top five picks, so where have all the passers gone?
• Quarterbacks have fallen in most mock drafts, but would the Raiders really pass on Johnny Manziel if he’s available as expected at No. 5?
• Of the top quarterbacks in the draft, will anyone be surprised if Derek Carr of Fresno State becomes the most successful?
• South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney is expected to be the No. 1 pick, but did someone really compare him to Reggie White?
• With three Game 7s today, has there ever been a better first round of the NBA playoffs?
• After The Oklahoman’s headline called Kevin Durant “Mr. Unreliable,” how refreshing was it when he said, “It’s all cool ... I didn’t come through for the team”?
• After Miami outscored Charlotte by 39 points in a four-game sweep, doesn’t the Heat look like the team to beat coming out of the East?
• If heavily favored California Chrome wins today’s Kentucky Derby, can he go the extra distance to win the Triple Crown?
• After the Sharks collapsed against the Los Angeles Kings, how long will it take their fans to recover – this time?
• Republic FC sold out Hughes Stadium (20,231) for its first home game, so is there a concern that the new facility at Cal Expo won’t be big enough to contain all this soccer enthusiasm?
– Tom Couzens
What to do
Soccer, Orange County Blues at Republic FC, Hughes Stadium,
7:30 p.m.: Will Sacramento soccer fans fill the 20,231-seat stadium again?
Who will be the first quarterback taken in this week’s NFL draft?
• Blake Bortles, Central Florida
• Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
• Derek Carr, Fresno State
• Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
Vote above, or go to sacbee.com/sports
What’s the No. 1 issue for high school sports?
• Budget cuts: 43%
• Transfers: 21%
• Realignment: 6%
• Private vs. public schools: 30%
Total votes: 120