• Steve Kerr has never coached, so why were the Warriors willing to give him a five-year, $25 million contract?
• If new Knicks boss Phil Jackson wanted to give Kerr a five-year deal and owner James Dolan refused, what does that say about the future of their relationship?
• When Warriors executive Jerry West – the NBA “logo” – offers advice, will Kerr welcome the help?
• If Pacers stars Paul George and Roy Hibbert really have a personal beef off the court, will it affect Indiana against the Heat in the Eastern Conference finals?
• The Thunder won all four games against the Spurs this season, but didn’t the Nets sweep the Heat, too?
• Conspiracy theorists insist the NBA “gave” Patrick Ewing to the Knicks, LeBron James (and later Kyrie Irving) to the Cavaliers and Anthony Davis to the Pelicans, so shouldn’t it give the Kings the No. 1 pick this year?
• Sure, the Kings need an outside shooter, but would they really use a top-seven pick on Creighton’s Doug McDermott?
• McDermott was the College Player of the Year; will Kings fans forget the last Player of the Year the Kings had on the roster?
• If the Kings pick Arizona forward Aaron Gordon, what will that say about the future of Rudy Gay?
• Very few fans in this country have seen Dante Exum of Australia play, but isn’t he the type of point guard – 6-foot-6, 190 pounds – the Kings have coveted?
– Tom Couzens
What to watch
Preakness Stakes, 3:18 p.m. post, Ch. 3 : California Chrome is heavily favored to win the second jewel of the Triple Crown.
What’s your take on the Warriors hiring Steve Kerr as coach?
• Great hire; he’ll make them better.
• It’s a gamble; he has
• We need to wait and see.
To vote, go to sacbee.com/sports
Who is the most-reviled team owner of all time?
• Al Davis, Raiders: 23%
• Bob Irsay, Colts: 2%
• Maloof brothers,
• Marge Schott, Reds: 8%
• George Steinbrenner, Yankees: 16%
• Donald Sterling,
• Other: 2%
Total votes: 218