Folsom’s Paige Lee has qualified for the U.S. Women’s Open. She finished third in sectional qualifying Monday at Half Moon Bay with a two-round total of 8-over-par 150.
Lucy Li, an 11-year-old sixth-grader with braces from Redwood Shores, shot a 142 and was the medalist by seven shots. Li is the youngest player to qualify for the Women’s Open, June 19-22 in Pinehurst, N.C. Lexi Thompson was 12 when she made it to the 2007 Women’s Open.
Lee, a UC Davis freshman, also has been invited to play in the Women’s North & South Amateur Championship at Pinehurst two weeks after the Women’s Open.
• Lynne Cowan (Rocklin) won the California Senior Women’s Amateur. Cowan, 51, a four-time winner of the California Women’s Amateur, finished the 36-hole event at Poppy Hills at 11-over 155 to defeat a group of five players by three strokes.
• Granite Bay’s Jeffrey Inouye-Wong tied for fifth Monday at the Northern California high school boys championship. He shot a par 72 at Sierra View Country Club and will be the area’s only representative in two weeks at the state championship in Pasadena after Rio Americano’s Alex Lee (74) declined an individual berth.
• Kim Welch (Roseville) has been given an exemption into the LPGA Tour’s Airbus Classic in Mobile, Ala., this week.
• The Memorial Amateur Championship is this weekend at Ancil Hoffman. Tee times run from 7:30 a.m. to 9:40 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. After a 36-hole cut, the leaders start Monday at 9:30 a.m., with the final groups accompanied by a scoreboard.
• Grant Rappleye (Elk Grove) qualified Monday for this week’s Web.com Tour’s Rex Hospital Open in Raleigh, N.C.
• John Catlin (Carmichael) and Josh Stone (Stockton) earned conditional status on PGA Tour Canada during qualifying earlier this month.