WALSH RETURNS, HOMERS TWICE IN CATS’ WIN
• Highlight: Playing in just his fourth Triple-A game, second baseman Colin Walsh went 4 for 4 with two home runs, a double and three RBIs in the River Cats’ 7-5 win over the Fresno Grizzlies on Tuesday at Chukchansi Park. “It was good, it was my first game in nine or 10 days, so I wanted to get my timing back,” Walsh told milb.com.
• From Cardinals to Cats: Walsh was signed by the St. Louis Cardinals as a 13th-round pick in the 2010 draft. He was released by the organization this spring before signing with the A’s. He was promoted to the Cats following 24 games with Double-A Midland but was put on the disabled list eight days later with a sore hamstring.
• Take a bow: Shane Peterson had three hits, including a home run, and three RBIs for the River Cats. Nate Freiman had two hits, including a double. Jose Martinez and Ryan Ortiz also had two hits each.
• Straily resilient: Dan Straily improved to 3-0 for the River Cats despite giving up six hits, including two home runs. He struck out seven in six innings.
• Today: River Cats RHP Josh Lindblom (2-3, 6.88 ERA) vs. Salt Lake LHP Hector Santiago (0-1, 6.75), 6:05 p.m., Smith’s Ballpark, Salt Lake City.
River Cats 7, Grizzlies 5
E–Ciriaco (3). LOB–RIVER CATS 9; Fresno 6. 2B–Walsh (2); Freiman (17); Peterson (12); Quiroz (5); Panik (9); Minicozzi (6); C.Dominguez (10). HR–Peterson (4) off Berken; Walsh 2 (2) off Berken; Minicozzi (3) off Straily; Duvall (17) off Straily. RBIs–Peterson 3 (29), Walsh 3 (6), Ortiz (13); Minicozzi 2 (19), Panik (33), Duvall (46), C.Dominguez (38). CS–C.Dominguez (4).
Inherited runners-scored–Savery 1-0.