• The Kings didn’t want to keep Isaiah Thomas enough to match the Suns’ four-year, $27 million offer; will he make them regret that decision?
• Thomas always has considered himself talented enough to be a starting point guard, but can he beat out Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe in Phoenix?
• With Thomas’ departure, what other moves do the Kings have in the works?
• While the world waited for LeBron James’ decision, how long did the folks at Sports Illustrated know?
• Four years ago, James announced he was leaving Cleveland for Miami during a spectacle on ESPN, so wasn’t it refreshing to see him take a quieter approach this time?
• Now that James is returning to Cleveland, who will the Cavaliers have to give up to acquire power forward Kevin Love?
• Oddsmakers now love the Cavaliers – they are 4-1 favorites to win the 2014-15 NBA title – but doesn’t Cleveland also need Love?
• Among the thousands of tweets about James’ decision, wasn’t this one by Kings rookie Nik Stauskas – “With more important news ... I play my first summer league game today LOL! – the best?
• With center DeMarcus Cousins working out with his younger teammates at the Kings’ minicamp this week in Las Vegas, does that mean he’s developing into the leader he aims to be?
• Cousins has been joking around with Jimmy Kimmel and the folks at ESPN, so will we see fewer scowls next season?
– Tom Couzens
What’s your take on the Kings letting Isaiah Thomas go?
• It’s fine; they only won 28 games with him.
• It’s terrible; he was the heart of the team.
To vote, go to sacbee.com/sports
Should the World Cup continue to play a third-place game?
• Yes, it’s a long-standing tradition: 55%
• No, why play if it’s not for a championship: 45%
Total votes: 71