Tax relief available for business owners affected by Northern California wildfires

Published: Wednesday, Aug. 6, 2014 - 5:41 pm

Business owners impacted by Northern California wildfires may request various forms of emergency tax relief, the California State Board of Equalization announced Wednesday.

Those in fire-stricken areas can request an extension to file tax returns, ask for relief from penalties or interest on some taxes and fees, or request replacement copies of lost or damaged records.

To request relief, business owners go online to (search under “Online Services”) or call (800) 400-7115 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

BOE said it was responding to Gov. Jerry Brown’s Aug. 2 emergency proclamation citing the impact of wildfires in El Dorado, Amador, Butte, Humboldt, Lassen, Madera, Mariposa, Mendocino, Modoc, Shasta and Siskiyou counties.

Call The Bee’s Mark Glover, (916) 321-1184.

Read more articles by Mark Glover

Sacramento Bee Job listing powered by
Quick Job Search
Sacramento Bee Jobs »
Used Cars
Dealer and private-party ads


Price Range:
Search within:
miles of ZIP

Advanced Search | 1982 & Older