- Seeds: San Francisco Flower & Garden Show revives ‘wow factor’ -
- Cedaron’s success was 24 years in the making -
- UCLA rolls over Stanford 84-59 at Pac-12 -
- Three people reported wounded in shooting in Fruitridge area -
- Indian search finds no trace of Malaysian plane -
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million -
- Basement could hold clues in deadly NYC blast -
- At award-winning Tijuana factory, plant offers more than just a job -
- Chuck Reed abandons push for California pension measure on 2014 ballot -
- Jerry Brown, California officials sued over mortgage settlement money -
- Arden Arcade man stabbed to death after coming to aid of daughter, her friends
- Malaysian official says missing plane hijacked
- Appellate court ruling new hurdle for Delta tunnel plans
- CHP investigates Bay Bridge welding controversy
- Car crashes off bridge, plunges 20 feet, killing 4
- Sacramento-area home prices rise in February amid tight inventory
- Ailene Voisin: Royce White an interesting option for Kings
- Roseville police: San Juan Unified teacher may have victimized students
- Dan Walters: California affirmative action measure draws Asian American opposition
- College offers to pay students to take year off
Jose Luis Villegas / firstname.lastname@example.org
San Francisco Giants hitter Hunter Pence watches his second solo home run in the second inning off Rockies starting pitcher Christian Friedrich on Friday, March 14, 2014 at Scottsdale Stadium, in Scottsdale, Az, during the spring training game between the Colorado Rockies and San Francisco Giants.
Randall Benton / email@example.com
A large truck delivering the first enormous piece of new flood gates for the Folsom Dam exits the I -80 freeway onto Madison Avenue near Foothill Farms on Thursday, March 13, 2014. During the next few months, the remaining gates and associated parts will be delivered in up to 31 more loads. Gate installation is expected to begin this summer, and the spillway is scheduled to be complete by October 2017. The auxiliary spillway project is part of the Joint Federal Project, a $900-million cooperative effort between the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, Central Valley Flood Protection Board, California Department of Water Resources and the Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency to improve the safety of Folsom Dam and reduce flood risk for the Sacramento area.
Paul Chinn / AP
In this photo taken Feb. 12, 2014, a ground squirrel looks for food at Cesar Chavez Park in Berkeley, Calif. Officials in Berkeley, a city famous for its 1960s Free Speech movement, say they're sorry for deleting thousands of emails that poured in protesting plans to exterminate squirrels at a park. Councilman Kriss Worthington said he's demanding answers to why 81,000 messages vanished from his email account, and he also wants to find an alternative to killing the squirrels.
Chuck Liddy / MCT
North Carolina fan Annette Wood, of Rural Hall, N.C., sits and watches as the Tar Heels fall behind by double digits in the second half against Pittsburgh in the quarterfinals of the ACC Tournament on Friday, March 14, 2014, in Greensboro, N.C. Pitt advanced, 80-75.
Pavel Golovkin / AP
Czech Republic's goaltender Michal Vapenka, top center, David Motycka, low center, Erik Fojtik, right, in action with Italy's Gregory Brian Alexis Leperdi, left, during the ice sledge hockey match between Czech Republic and Italy at the 2014 Winter Paralympics in Sochi, Russia, Friday, March 14, 2014. Czech Republic won 3-0.