- Traffic resumes on highway hit by deadly landslide -
- Suspect charged in case of missing UVa student -
- Man convicted of raping disabled woman -
- Bestselling book banned from middle schools -
- Gray takes mound as A’s try to maintain wild-card lead -
- Cal State to hire advocates for assault victims -
- Kings broadcaster Kayte Christensen arrested for DUI; apologizes to family, fans -
- Training camp preview: Kings are young and younger at shooting guard -
- Secretary of state candidates Padilla and Peterson disagree on Bowen -
- US warns that Ebola could infect 1.4 million -
- AM Alert: Jerry Brown burnishes climate change credentials at UN summit
- Defendant explodes in anger during El Dorado murder trial
- Bears’ Houston changes tune, says Kaepernick uttered “N” word
- Robbers false promise of a sexual tryst led to Meadowview killing, DA says
- Ordered to evacuate, some residents stayed home to ride out King Fire
- Dina Hidalgo retires from California Senate after nepotism complaints
- Upon further review: 49ers flag-filled season; defensive lapses; Carrier No. 2?
- Giants broadcaster Duane Kuiper calls on experience
- Pastor: UPS gunman was 'troubled' over work
- Despite loss, Harbaugh pleased with 49ers use of five-receiver sets
Hector Amezcua / email@example.com
An inmate fighting the King Fire takes a knee as he and other crew members keep watch on a back fire to protect a home in Swansboro Country near Placerville on Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014.
Renee C. Byer / firstname.lastname@example.org
An El Dorado County murder trial was abruptly interrupted Tuesday morning when the defendant, Todd Winkler, left, erupted, screaming at the deputy district attorney Lisette Suder during her opening statements on Tuesday September 23, 2014 in Placerville, Calif. At right helping restrain Winkler with a bailiff is defense attorney David Weiner, right. "You do not speak truth. You only want to destroy!" screamed Winkler, 47, as he began to rise in his chair.
Anupam Nath / AP
An Indian villager carrying his goat on his shoulder walks through a flooded road at the Chaygaon village in Kamrup district of northeastern Assam state, India, Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014. Landslides and flash floods triggered by two days of heavy rain have killed at least 28 people in India's remote northeast, officials said Tuesday.
Anjum Naveed / AP
A veiled supporter of Pakistan's cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan listens to a speech from her leader during an anti government protest outside the parliament building in Islamabad, Pakistan, Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014. Anti-government protesters led by opposition politicians Khan and Muslim cleric Tahir-ul-Qadri converged on the capital in mid-August, demanding Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's ouster over alleged fraud in last year's election.
Peter Morrison / AP
US team captain Tom Watson holds the Ryder Cup trophy ahead of the Ryder Cup golf tournament at Gleneagles, Scotland, Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014.