- Sacramento Republic owner: It's now or never in MLS bid -
- Placer Sheriff's Office hit with federal subpoena -
- Arrest warrant issued for Santa Barbara TB patient -
- Reid apologizes for Asian jokes at Vegas luncheon -
- Lawn removal in parched California draws fine -
- Officer shot, suspect killed in San Bernardino -
- California tribal deal sailing toward ratification -
- Jerry Brown reaches tentative contract with last state-union holdout -
- 3 Japanese students killed in California car crash -
- Oops: County wrongly figured blood-alcohol levels -
- Sen. Ben Hueso 'profoundly sorry' after DUI arrest
- Ben Hueso, other lawmakers, photographed drinking on Capitol balcony before DUI arrest
- Jerry Brown signs bill allowing dogs at restaurants
- Leading Off: Would 49ers bring in Patriots backup QB?
- Arrest warrant issued for Santa Barbara TB patient
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Seven arrested in Roseville drug sales, ID theft operation
- Charges filed against model from Elk Grove, NFL players
- Arena site demolition ‘going as planned’ as debris piles up, gets trucked out
- Which 49ers are eligible for the practice squad?
Jae C. Hong / AP
A shopper is silhouetted as he walks through a mall adorned with some Chinese lanterns, Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, in the Chinatown section of Los Angeles. It is one of the oldest, largest and most historic Chinatowns in the U.S.
Christian Gooden / AP
In this photo taken on Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, Theo Murphy, left, of Florissant, Mo., and his brother Jordan Marshall, 11, light candles at a memorial on Canfield Drive in Ferguson, Mo., where where unarmed Michael Brown was fatally shot by Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson. A small group of people, who preferred to remain anonymous,laid roses along the middle of the road that stretched about 60 yards.
Rion Sanders / AP
In this photo taken on Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014, the funeral procession enters the Four Seasons Arena for the memorial service for Sheriff's Deputy Joe Dunn in Great Falls, Mont. Dunn was killed Aug. 14 when he was struck by a car during a police chase. Before the memorial service, Adam Sanchez Jr. appeared in court on a charge of deliberate homicide in the deputy's death. Prosecutors say Sanchez was high on methamphetamines and deliberately swerved to strike Dunn.
Vincent Thian / AP
Malaysia Army soldiers carry a coffin containing one of the bodies of the downed MH17 flight, to load it to a hearse upon arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, Malaysia, Friday, Aug. 22, 2014. The bodies and ashes of 20 Malaysians killed when Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was shot down over Ukraine in July have arrived in Kuala Lumpur, the first repatriation of victims from the flight to the country.
Sergei Grits / AP
The first trucks of the convoy roll on the main road to Luhansk near the village of Uralo-Kavkaz, after it passed the border post at Izvaryne, eastern Ukraine, Friday, Aug. 22, 2014. The first trucks in a Russian aid convoy crossed into eastern Ukraine on Friday, seemingly without Kiev's approval, after more than a week's delay amid suspicions the mission was being used as a cover for an invasion by Moscow.