- Caltrans says criticism of report on broken bolts has merit -
- Independent review calls Caltrans out of date and cites culture of fear -
- Witnesses tell lawmakers Caltrans compromised quality in Bay Bridge construction -
- Senate report: Caltrans ignored shoddy work on Bay Bridge in China and U.S. -
- Officials reject concern on Bay Bridge rods as unfounded, but plan technical review -
- Officials say repairs to broken Bay Bridge rods completed -
- Experts raise new doubts about essential Bay Bridge rods -
Deeply Buried Doubts: Questions below the new Bay Bridge
Sacramento Bee investigative reporter Charles Piller talks about his series that raised questions about the structural integrity of the new San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.
Video by Manny Crisostomo.