Across the Sacramento region, people will be celebrating Independence Day by sizzling burgers, picnicking in the park, watching sports and parades. Come nightfall, July 4 means fireworks. Here’s your guide to enjoying the holiday.
▪ First, make your plans with our list of events.
▪ Don’t let your food be a dud - how to grill with spark
▪ The Sacramento Bee tested six fireworks from Phantom and TNT in this video by Madeline Lear.
▪ The Sacramento Bee’s annual fireworks review tests six to find the biggest, brightest and boldest.
▪ Before running errands on Friday, check out which agencies are open and closed.
▪ Here’s a guide to folding and displaying the Stars and Stripes, just in time for Fourth of July celebrations.
▪ The pops and explosions, raucous block parties and other loud noises during holiday festivities can scare dogs into leaping over or digging under fences to escape the thunderous blasts, leading them to get lost or injured. Here’s how to keep them safe and happy.
▪ Fire officials are urging extra caution amid the California drought.
▪ Take our quiz: How patriotic are you?