Rancho Cordova seeks musical instruments for kids
06/25/2014 9:34 AM
06/25/2014 9:36 AM
Rancho Cordova schools are accepting donations for “gently used” musical instruments for middle and high school students.
The Rancho Cordova Chamber of Commerce Business & Education Alliance, which is coordinating the donation drive, says students have music programs and teachers but limited access to instruments, such as flutes, clarinets, violins and tubas.
Drum sets and pianos cannot be accepted. Instruments can be dropped off at various locations in Rancho Cordova – including the Folsom Cordova Unified School District, 1965 Birkmont Drive – until June 30.
Other locations are:• Kaiser, 10725 International Drive
• Mitchell Middle School, 2100 Zinfandel Drive (closes at 4:00 pm)
• National University,10901 Gold Center Drive
• Rancho Cordova Chamber of Commerce, 2729 Prospect Drive, Suite 117
• Rancho Cordova Library, 9845 Folsom Blvd., (Not open Monday)
• Rancho Cordova City Hall, 2729 Prospect Park Drive
Join the Discussion
The Sacramento Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.