Want more? Pick more! Enjoy the peak of flavor from your summer garden – and make your crop last a little longer. Promptly harvest tomatoes, peppers, squash, melons and eggplant to keep them producing into fall.
▪ To prevent the spread of brown rot and other problems, clean up dropped fruit and other debris around fruit trees.
▪ After cleaning up, feed fruit trees for better production next year. Make sure to water deeply first.
▪ For more summer blooms, feed begonias, fuchsias, annuals and container plants with fertilizer high in phosphate. Always water plants before feeding.
▪ Transplant lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower seedlings.
▪ Sow seeds of California poppies, clarkia and African daisies.