• Many people use household products (mild dish soap or even hair shampoo) to wash the car at some point. Some of these can be harmful to the paint and finish. The wrong product can dull the finish. Be sure to use products specifically designed for washing cars, and rinse well.
• Don’t use abrasive cleaners on plastic or painted parts of your car.
• Don’t wash or wax your car in direct sunlight. Try to wait until the evening or early morning, when the sun is not beating directly down.
• Don’t let bird droppings, insects, gasoline or tree sap sit on the finish long. Wash them off as soon as possible to avoid damage to the paint.
• Dry using a chamois, microfiber towel or a soft terry towel.
Be sure it’s a heavy-duty extension cord, and you may want to check it occasionally to be sure it’s in good condition. Please note this advice for a home office, too!