Family dog rescued from Arden Arcade house fire

08/21/2012 12:00 AM

08/20/2012 11:04 PM

Firefighters rescued a dog from an Arden Arcade home Sunday evening when a grease fire caused heavy damage to the two-story residence.

When Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District personnel responded to the blaze in the 1800 block of Venus Drive about 5:15 p.m. Sunday smoke was billowing from the eaves of the home.

Firefighters immediately began to extinguish the fire and also search the house. The occupants of the home had already exited the home before firetrucks arrived, but firefighters were called upon to rescue the family dog.

The dog was found unharmed, according to a Metro Fire press release.

The fire gutted the first-floor kitchen and swept into the attic through a stove hood vent, causing an estimated $60,000 in damage. The fire began in a pan with grease that was unattended, according to fire officials.

– Bill Lindelof

Entertainment Videos

 

Join the Discussion

The Sacramento Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service