▪ Icy Breeze Cooler
More than $345 for an ice chest? You’ve got to be kidding. Yes, but what if that ice cooler also doubled as an air conditioner? Perfect for hot summer campouts. The Icy Breeze cooler can keep more than 40 cans of beer (or iced tea, whatever) cold while simultaneously blowing out cold air said to be 35 degrees cooler than the air temperature, thanks to an exterior fan and a rechargeable battery. All it takes is filling the cooler with 2 quarts of water to circulate through the radiator.
▪ “Inspiring Generations: 150 Years, 150 Stories in Yosemite”
$19.95; Yosemite Conservancy, 400 pages
In honor of Yosemite National Park’s 150th anniversary, the Yosemite Conservancy decided not to tap great writers from all walks of literature to wax poetic about the park. Instead, all the essays and poems were selected from individual submissions from Yosemite lovers. The book, uneven at times in quality of writing, nonetheless is a labor of love.
▪ Conde Nast Traveler’s “10 Underrated National Parks”
One of Northern California’s gems makes the list.
1. North Cascades National Park, Wash.
2. Dry Tortugas National Park, Fla.
3. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve, Alaska
4. National Park of American Samoa
5. Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colo.
6. Lassen Volcanic National Park
7. Congaree National Park, S.C.
8. Virgin Islands National Park, St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
9. Great Basin National Park, Nev.
10. Isle Royale National Park, Mich.
Jill Jackson (@TheJillJackson): “It’s never a good sign when your luggage tag is coming down the belt by itself. #travelfail“
Compiled by Sam McManis, firstname.lastname@example.org