▪ GoBQ portable grill
Imagine, if you can, a barbecue grill so compact it fits into your backpack. Actually, you don’t need to imagine it. A $135 “contribution” to Indigogo.com will get you one of these 8-pound, fold-up barbecues, which will start shipping in August. The bottom of the device has foldable legs and the lid is a clam shell that also serves as the carrying case. It’s made of heat-resistant fabrics, of course, and it’s said to cool off fast.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Oakley Prizm Road Jawbreaker sunglasses
You may not be able to cycle as fast as world-renown sprinter Mark Cavendish, but at least you can wear his style of glasses. Oakley has released a Canvendish model of sunglasses that are sleek and feature “surge ports for cooling airflow” when you’re pedaling 40 mph. One handy feature: a switch lock to easily change lenses.
▪ Outside magazine’s Best Hunting and Fishing Lodges
According to Outside, these are the best luxury lodges catering to “hook and bullet clientele.”
1. Scarp Ridge Lodge (Crested Butte, Colo.)
2. Firehole Ranch (West Yellowstone, Mont.)
3. Libby Camps (Millinocket Lake, Maine)
4. Tikchik Narrows Lodge (Bristol Bay, Alaska)
5. Nimmo Bay Wilderness Resort (Great Bear Rainforest, B.C.)
6. Three Forks Ranch (Steamboat Springs, Colo.)
7. Bahia Honda Sporting Club (Cudjoe Key, Fla.)
8. Honey Brake (Larto Lake, La.)
9. Ruby Springs Lodge (Alder, Mont.)
10. Cabin Bluff (Woodbine, Ga.)
“Too often travel, instead of broadening the mind, merely lengthens the conversation. ”
– Elizabeth Drew
Compiled by Sam McManis, email@example.com