The Ostrich Pillow
$99; www.studiobanana things.com/buy-ostrich-pillow
At first blush, it sounds and certainly looks like a satiric prank perpetrated by The Onion, but it's apparently real. Travelers who cannot fall asleep on airplanes or in noisy terminals might consider putting this odd-shaped pillow-cum-helmet on your head. Its maker boasts that its "soothing cave-like interior shelters and isolates both your head and hands, perfect for a power nap." The pillow blocks your eyes and ears but leaves room for you to breathe. There are pockets above where your head goes to slip your arms in and put your head down on your desk. You'll look really dorky wearing this thing, but being sleep-deprived is no fun, either.
Delta Airlines Safety Video Outtakes
A few months ago, we recommended going on YouTube and watching Delta's funny, tongue-in-cheek safety video, which managed to be as entertaining as it was informative. Now comes the outtakes, courtesy of Gadling.com. To view it, go to www.gadling.com and search for Delta Outtakes.
California Tourism Guide 2013
Sunset magazine and visitcalifornia.com have teamed up to put together an exhaustive guide for tourists detailing every inch of California. It's free online, and you can sign up to have the agency send you a hard copy of the magazine, gratis. Arrgh. We found the 2012 edition in a bookstore in Calistoga last fall and forked over $2.99 for it.
10 Great American Airport Restaurants
1. Cat Cora's Kitchen, San Francisco International Airport
2. Custom Burgers by Pat LaFrieda, LaGuardia Airport
3. One Flew South, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
4. Encounter Restaurant, Los Angeles International Airport
5. Tortas Frontera, Chicago O'Hare International Airport
6. The Salt Lick, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
7. New Belgium Hub, Denver International Airport
8. Brookwood Farms BBQ, Charlotte-Douglas International Airport
9. La Carreta, Miami International Airport
10. La Vie, John F. Kennedy International Airport
Matt Gaston @mattgaston: "I flew from Pgh (Pittsburgh) to Houston and back today just to have dinner at the world famous Chili's in the Houston airport.#travelfail.
– Compiled by Sam McManis email@example.com