When you’re hiking into the backcountry or climbing great heights, every ounce matters. That’s why outdoor types are raving about a spacious backpack that weighs 2 pounds, 2 ounces. There’s a removable frame to make it even lighter, as well as smaller buckles and zippers. Yes, backpackers are so obsessive about lightness that they weigh their zippers.
Well, duh: They trip over rocks and roots. This is a funny post that basically gives no real tips about avoiding a face-plant, unless you consider this tongue-in-cheek advice: “Limit conversation with fellow runners; never look at the scenery; don’t think about work, family or the chaffing of your pack.”
1. Legoland, Billund, Denmark: Sure, there’s a Legoland in San Diego, but this one is in the town where the company started.
2. Sanrio Puroland, Tokyo: A life-size Hello Kitty house — enough said.
3. Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen: Old-school rides, such a wooden rollercoaster and 80-meter ferris wheel in a park built in 1843.
4. Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Located on Yas Island, it has 20 Ferrari rides, perfect for midlife crisis oilmen.
5. Universal Studios, Singapore: Everything you’d find at the park in Los Angeles, but it’s located on lovely Sentosa Island.
6. Angry Birds Land in Sarkanniemi Amusement Park, Tampere, Finland: The name says it all.
7. Window of the World, Shenzhen, China: Reproductions — slightly smaller — of places such as the Eiffel Tower, Pyramids of Giza and Niagara Falls.
8. Cedar Point, Ohio: 16 types of roller-coasters.