Granite Gear Crown V.C. 60 Backpack
When you’re hiking into the backcountry or climbing great heights, every ounce matters. That’s why outdoor types are raving about a spacious backpack that weighs 2 pounds, 2 ounces. There’s a removable frame to make it even lighter, as well as smaller buckles and zippers. Yes, backpackers are so obsessive about lightness that they weigh their zippers.
Why runners fall on the trail
Well, duh: They trip over rocks and roots. This is a funny post that basically gives no real tips about avoiding a face-plant, unless you consider this tongue-in-cheek advice: “Limit conversation with fellow runners; never look at the scenery; don’t think about work, family or the chaffing of your pack.”
Lonely Planet’s ‘‘Eight Alternative Theme Parks of the World’’
1. Legoland, Billund, Denmark: Sure, there’s a Legoland in San Diego, but this one is in the town where the company started.
2. Sanrio Puroland, Tokyo: A life-size Hello Kitty house — enough said.
3. Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen: Old-school rides, such a wooden rollercoaster and 80-meter ferris wheel in a park built in 1843.
4. Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Located on Yas Island, it has 20 Ferrari rides, perfect for midlife crisis oilmen.
5. Universal Studios, Singapore: Everything you’d find at the park in Los Angeles, but it’s located on lovely Sentosa Island.
6. Angry Birds Land in Sarkanniemi Amusement Park, Tampere, Finland: The name says it all.
7. Window of the World, Shenzhen, China: Reproductions — slightly smaller — of places such as the Eiffel Tower, Pyramids of Giza and Niagara Falls.
8. Cedar Point, Ohio: 16 types of roller-coasters.
Maggie Trabucco (@maggietrabucco): “At this point I should probably just throw my hair in pigtails and fly as an unaccompanied minor from now on. #wrongterminal #travelfail.”
Compiled by Sam McManisfirstname.lastname@example.org