A guide for what you need to buy, read or consume to enhance your recreation and travel experience
Big Agnes Rattlesnake SL3 mtnGLO
Forget that cumbersome task of holding a flashlight with one hand and the book in the other, and why waste headlamp batteries? Big Agnes has produced a nylon/polyester blend tent that glows, courtesy of a string of LED lights powered by three AAA batteries. Our only question: Why name it “Rattlesnake”? Not exactly marketing genius.
“Moon: California Road Trip,” by Stuart Thornton
Just because we’re Californians doesn’t mean we don’t need a travel guidebook to ... California. Hey, it’s a big state. One valuable feature: It breaks down hotel options “Under $150,” essential for those on a budget and something other travel books eschew.
Things to do in Nashville if you don’t like country music
- See some live music (Yes, it has rock, jazz, soul, hip-hop, blues, indie and electronica.)
- Dine at award-winning restaurants
- Tour breweries and sample craft ales (Yazoo Brewing Co.)
- Remember the Civil War (Belle Meade Plantation)
- Buy a guitar (Gruhn Guitars)
- Canoe the Harpeth River
Compiled by Sam McManisfirstname.lastname@example.org