A guide for what you need to buy, read or consume to enhance your recreation and travel experience.
Travelon Self-Inflating Pillow
Never miss a local story.
This is like an air bag for airplane travel – except for that messy crash part. But if you want to “crash” (i.e., sleep) on your flight, this pillow makes it easier to accomplish. To inflate and deflate, you just twist the valve – no testing of your lung capacity needed to blow up the thing. Size is 14 by 8 inches.
Specialized Diverge Expert Carbon Bike
If running shoe manufacturers can give us hybrid/road trail shoes, why can’t bicycle makers do the same? Well, they can – sort of.
The Diverge, from Specialize, can handle speedsters on the road with its oversized 32-inch tires, but handle dirt road for cyclocross dudes and even single track for mountain bikers. That could be why it costs so much.
Outside magazine recently picked it as one of its top seven road bikes of the year.
TravelChsannel.com’s “Best Places to Cool Off”
1. Crown Fountain, Chicago
2. Johnson’s Shut-ins State Park, Missouri
3. Ohiopyle State Park, Pennsylvania
4. Central Park, New York City
5. Treman State Park, Ithaca, N.Y.
6. Noah’s Ark Waterpark, Wisconsin
7. Blue Hole Regional Park, Texas
8. Delaware River, New Jersey
9. Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Texas
10. Lareau Swimming Hole, Vermont
Compiled by Sam McManisfirstname.lastname@example.org