A guide for what you need to buy, read or consume to enhance your recreation and travel
Ultimate Direction Men’s Ultra Jacket
Never miss a local story.
Outdoor enthusiasts have long asked for a jacket that will block rain and wind but not be too bulky when weather conditions change. The Ultimate Direction Ultra jacket weighs in at 5.9 ounces and is built to be on the run, with underarm vents, a snug hood and even “flip mitts” to keep your hands dry.
Night Runner Shoe Lights
Those not content with having lights attached to heads, waists or hands now can clip them to the tops of shoes for running at night. The visibility is said to be up to 30 meters, and there’s a back-lit red light as well as the bright LED bulbs.
“8 New England Towns to Visit This Fall”
Sure, California has its share of fall colors (head to the Sierra), but, be honest, it pales compared to leaf peeping on the East Coast:
1. Buttonwood Farm (Griswold, Conn.)
2. Beavertail State Park (Jamestown, R.I.)
3. Wequassett Resort and Golf Club (Harwich, Mass.)
4. The Inn on Peaks Island (Peaks Island, Maine)
5. Amee Farm Lodge (Pittsfield, Vt.)
6. Bear Tree (Pittsburg, N.H.)
7. Carolyn’s Sakonnet Winery (Little Compton, R.I.)
8. Old Lighthouse Museum (Stonington, Conn.)
Compiled by Sam McManisemail@example.com