A guide for what you need to buy, read or consume to enhance your recreation and travel experience
Violet Love Winter Head Bands
Never miss a local story.
Winter headbands for women in solid colors? So boring. The Los Angeles-based Violet Love has produced patterned headbands, about 5 inches wide, enough to fully cover your ears, lined with fleece-like “PETA-approved vegan fabrics.” You can even get an assorted gift pack for $44, because, really, who wants to wear the same headband two days in a row on the slopes?
Posh Mobile Micro X S240
Just when it seems smartphone screens are getting ever bigger, along comes a company that offers a downsized phone (for Android users) the size of a credit card. Why would someone want such a squint-inducing phone? It’s being marketed as a “second phone” for travelers and outdoors lovers who don’t want the bulkiness of a full-size phone. Just pop out your SIM card and you’re good to go.
10 Free Things To Do in Seattle
Lonely Planet’s site listed 14, but we’re winnowing it to 10:
1. Pike Place Market
2. Waterfall Garden Park (in Pioneer Square)
3. Frye Art Museum (yes, free admission and parking)
4. Olympic Sculpture Park
5. Ballard Locks
6. Silent Reading Party at the Sorrento Hotel
7. Hike at Discovery Park (Magnolia neighborhood)
8. Art Walk (Pioneer Square, Belltown and Capitol Hill)
9. Take in the view from Gas Works Park
10. Run at Myrtle Edwards Park
Compiled by Sam McManisemail@example.com