A guide for what you need to buy, read or consume to enhance your recreation and travel experience
Never miss a local story.
The airplane tray table? That’s so passé. Sure, you can try to prop up your mobile device or Kindle on the flimsy plastic slab, but you risk spilling your flimsy plastic cup of water the flight attendant grudgingly gives you. This device hooks onto the seat back and is a combination cup holder/device mount. Simple, yet brilliant.
Gibi pet-tracking device
If you’re one of those paranoid (uh, concerned) pet owners who wants to know the exact whereabouts of your pooch – be it on the couch at home or the dog run at the kennel – while you are on vacation, this device is for you. You put it on your dog’s collar and it connects, via app, to your smartphone and gives you a Google-maps image of your dog at that precise moment. It won’t tell you which pillow he’s ripping to shreds, though.
Top 5 luxury ecolodges in Central America
1. Finca Lerida, Boquete, Panama (converted coffee plantation)
2. Pacuare Jungle Lodge, Turrialba, Costa Rica (accessible only by river raft)
3. Lapa Rios, Corcovado National Park, Costa Rica (winner of numerous conservation awards)
4. Las Lagunas Boutique Hotel, Petén, Guatemala (lodge on rainforest preserve with 700 species of birds)
5. Laguna Lodge, Santa Cruz La Laguna, Atitlán, Guatemala (overlooks three volcanoes)
Compiled by Sam McManisfirstname.lastname@example.org