‘Farm-to-Fork’ 2014 expands to two weeks in September
01/31/2014 10:44 AM
01/31/2014 11:22 AM
Back in October, The Bee’s Chris Macias reported that Sacramento’s “Farm-to-Fork Week” 2.0 was likely stretching to two weeks, as organizers looked to build on a successful first installment that included a free festival that drew 25,000 people to Capitol Mall “for cooking demonstrations, education about the Sacramento region’s agricultural prowess and other showcases related to local food and farming.”
The Sacramento Convention and Visitor’s Bureau recently announced dates for the 2014 festival, and it will in fact enjoy an expanded 14-day run. Here are dates and descriptions from the bureau:
* Farm-to-Fork Week – a celebration of all things food: Sept. 15-28
* Farm-to-Fork Restaurant Week – local restaurants focus on special farm-to-fork fare: Sept. 15-28
* Farm-to-Fork Legends of Wine – excellent wines selected by industry leaders at a tasting at the California State Capitol: Sept. 18
* Farm-to-Fork Festival – a free event to showcase the best of Sacramento’s local bounty: Sept. 27
* Farm-to-Fork Dinner – top area chefs prepare a farm-to-fork meal for hundreds of people (location and ticket sale date TBA): Sept. 28.
Notably absent from this preliminary list is a cattle drive down Capitol Mall, which kicked off last year’s event and drew plenty of onlookers. However, the bureau said that more events and dates added in coming months.
Also a question mark is the location, ticket prices and on-sale date for the “Farm-to Fork Dinner,” which last year was held on the Tower Bridge with tickets running $175 per person. For those looking to attend this year, it’s worth remembering that tickets in 2013 sold out in eight hours.
Join the Discussion
The Sacramento Bee is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.